Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm Back from We Wanna Meet

...but I'll have to tell you about it tomorrow. Here's how my day has gone so far:

-woke up around 4am with a charlie-horse type cramp in my neck so bad it still hurts
-realized while packing my stuff at my mom's house to come home that I left our hanging clothes in the closet of the hotel in Ft. Worth
-called hotel. They are shipping them to us for $9...well worth not driving back to Ft. Worth
-had mom drive us the 2 1/2 hours home with son sleeping maybe 45 minutes and screaming for attention the rest of the time
-took son to the doctor because his cold has run longer than it should only to find out he has an ear infection and possible sinus infection. He's also running a temperature (101.9 at the doctor) and I couldn't even tell he was warm. (Yes, Mother of the Year judges...Pick me! Pick me!)
-realized my debit card was not in my wallet
-racked my brain to figure out when was the last time I used it. Friday night.
-panicked (a little) that I may have left it at the restaurant and no one bothered to call me and maybe had a fun time with it
-went to Walgreens to fill son's prescription to no avail because their computers had crashed.
-went to another Walgreens to drop off prescription
-took food to a family at church that just had a baby. Couldn't hold baby or get too close because Caleb is sick. Promise to come back when he's well and chat and actually cook them dinner this time (I picked up Boston Market in between the doctor and getting the prescription filled).
-got home, called hubby because I forgot to return to Walgreens to pick up the prescription
-found debit card in purse (whew!)
-tried to feed Caleb dinner, but he threw it on the floor in protest
-realize my throat is hurting really bad. And my ears are hurting really bad.

So, now I'm going to go soak in a hot tub (that's a tub with hot water in it. we don't have a jacuzzi), drink some hot tea, and go to bed early.

I'll tell you all about "We Wanna Meet" tomorrow. Hopefully.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you...Not quite as dramatic, but a tough weekend plagued us. Malachi has ANOTHER earinfection and he has had tubes now for three monthes. With Halloween and a 1st Birthday in just two days we need rest around here! Hope you enjoyed your warm bath...the jets make it too loud anyway!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excuse the typos...I was just a Kinder teacher and am only responsible for three letter words!!!=)

Susanne said...

Amazing what hot tea and a hot bath will do for a girl. Hope you have a really good rest!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

What a bummer to come home to all that! I'm so glad I got to meet you Saturday (before disaster struck!). So great to know there's a real, beautiful person behind all those awesome comments I'm always coming behind!

Anonymous said...

Poor girl...hang in there. We can wait for your re-cap!

Stephanie said...

I'm worn out for you!! Rest up and I hope you and the little guy feel better soon! :)

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Awww, you poor thing! I hope both you and Caleb are feeling much better today and things are coming together more smoothly. Hugs coming your way!

GiBee said...

Oh, my WORD, Jenn ... I'm so sorry for all that! I wish there was something I could do to help!!!

Give Caleb a hug for me, and while you're at it... give yourself a hug for me too! Feel better soon!

Barb said...

Good grief! What a day and you're getting sick on top of it. I think we'll all understand if it's a day or so (only) before you post about your big meet adventure. And it never occurred to me that the hot tub was anything else. I spend half my life in mine! Hope you feel better soon.

Shalee said...

Jen - I'm so sorry that you've had such a hard time right now.

Father, please heal Jen and Caleb. Let their bodies recoup and their spirits be restored to their full measure. Bless her sweet husband as he is taking care of them both. Amen.

Feel better sweet friend!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved