Sunday, July 17, 2011

Conversations With the Boys

I've had some really interesting conversations with the boys lately. I think they're just at that age where they are soaking everything in and trying to make sense of their world. Sometimes the things they say are hilarious, and sometimes they are precious. Sometimes Justin and I look at each other quizzically as if to say, "where in the world did they learn that?"

Here are a couple of recent ones:

Levi: "Can someone go to the bathroom with me? I'm too scared to go by myself."
Caleb: "Levi, you're never alone. God is always with you. I'll pray for you. {pauses to pray} Ok, He's going with you."
(we have reminded Caleb of this conversation several times when he tells us he's too scared to go to sleep, even though he and Levi share a room. Bedtime excuses...)

Levi: "Mommy, God told us to eat chicken."
Me: "Ok. When did God say this?"
Levi: "In Heaven."
Me: "Oh, ok. When were you in Heaven with God?" (at this point I don't know where this is going...)
Levi: "When He was making us."
Me: "But you don't eat chicken. {pause} So you're disobeying God?"
Levi: "Yes."
(When he was talking, I was thinking of the book Heaven Is For Real that my mother-in-law sent me and wondering when Levi had a near-death experience. And no amount of bringing up this conversation will get Levi to eat chicken.)

I never know what is going to come out of their mouths, and when it's something they learned from me I cringe. Caleb is fond of the words, "like," "seriously," "totally" and "definitely." Yes, I'm a child of the 80s. Here's an example of something Caleb would say (with emphasis in proper place), "That is totally not going to happen." OR "I'm definitely having waffles for breakfast."

They crack me up.


No comments:



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved