Monday, December 15, 2008

Me and My Firstborn Child

Tagged by Camille...This is a fun twist on the usual getting to know you/question game..Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about you and your first baby.

About Caleb and me:

1. Were you married at the time? Yes, for 2 years and 5 months

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I was totally elated! The timing was PERFECT because I wanted to stop teaching that next year.

3. How old were you? 26

4. How did you find out? Pregnancy test

5. Who did you tell first? Justin. I called him on the phone at 5:30am. He was living in Louisiana for work, and I had to tell him immediately when I found out. He said something to the effect of, "Are you sure?" (with NO enthusiasm in his voice) because I had thought I was pregnant the month before. And he was shaving at the time.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes

7. Due date? September 25, 2005...my parent's anniversary

8. Did you deliver late or on time? I was induced on September 19, one week early

9. Did you have morning sickness? yes, pretty bad, but not like when I was pregnant with Levi (he takes the cake on that one!)

10. What did you crave? corn tortillas (they were the only thing that didn't make me want to puke!)

11. Who/what irritated you the most? being away from Justin and my doctor not letting me travel after 28 weeks when my husband was living in another city!

12. What was your first child's sex? Boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 12...I lost a lot at the beginning

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No

15. Where did you give birth? Memorial Hermann Memorial City

16. How many hours were you in labor? 7 before the emergency c-section

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband, Justin

18. Who watched? Justin and several dr.s and nurses

19. Was it natural or c-section? c-section

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? YES! (Hello, they cut me open. Yes I took pain medicine. I don't know how Camille only took it for 8 hours because I took it as long as the pills were in the bottle. I could hardly stand up straight when I left the hospital!)

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs, 10 oz

22. Did your child have any complications? No.

23. What did you name him/her? Caleb Andrew

24. How old is your first born today? 3 years, 2 months, 26 days

There ya go!

5 comments:

LisaN said...

Cool! I am still trying to decide if I will post this on our blog or not. Dave says I reveal too many personal things to the whole world as it is without talking about hemorrhoids and the fact that I have gained 51 pounds so far. ;-) I definitely remember those corn tortillas you ate when you were pregnant with Caleb!

Kimberly said...

I remember the corn tortillas too! This is a fun survey. If I get some energy later, I may put it up on my blog.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

13 lbs you have got to be kidding me... that is awesome... and I am a little jealous... and the reason I did not have to take pain medicine is bc my family has a high pain tolerance and I have heard when you contractions and labor and then decide to do a c-section (emergency like yours) it is way different then no contractions planned c-section... mine was awesome with little pain. That is all I can think it was.

The Johnsons said...

12 pounds?! If only... This was fun!

Jennifer said...

ok, those of you who have actually seen me in real life after my babies know that I lose weight when I'm pregnant and then GAIN it after they're born! So those of you who have actually taken off the baby weight...my hat's off to you!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved