Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My My, How Can I Resist You?

On the way home from school the other day, Caleb started singing,

"Mamma Mia, here I go again..."

And then I looked at him like he had grown a third eye. And then he collapsed into giggles in the backseat of the taxi.

I asked him if they had been singing that song at school, and he said it was on the radio. (I'm guessing the teachers were playing the CD during music time at school.) Not exactly what I expected to hear him singing since he usually comes home singing Jingle Bells as they are currently practicing for the Christmas concert.

When we got home, I dowloaded "Mamma Mia" from iTunes, and while I was there I downloaded "Dancing Queen" by ABBA as well. I mean, if we can sing and dance around the house to something other than the Mickey Mouse "Hot Dog" song, I'm a happy girl.

So I start singing, which inevitably prompts both of my children to shout in unison, "NO SINGING," but I cannot be swayed so easily, so I continue...

"You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen..."

And Caleb looks at me like I've grown a third eye and says, emphatically,

"Mom, queens.don't.dance."

Ok, then. That settles it.

4 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Children are definitely God's way of keeping us humble! LOL

Hol said...

That's too cute! I love being reminded of how children view the world. I too often take for granted that kids know the same things we do... only to realize they're still learning and forming their own ideas and answers.

Andrea said...

That's hilarious! We have to sing and dance like fools around our children. Do it sometimes in public too! Builds character, I say. :)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

LOL... that is awesome and I am so glad that you have that moment recorded here.. nice and something you will have to share with his bride one day... love it.



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved