Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What We Become

I read something today that really struck me. Matt Soper said,

"Here is a good question: What do you really want? Now here is the follow-up: What are you willing to give up, what are you willing to do differently, what are you willing to do more of, and how long are you willing to work, to realize that goal? Here’s another valuable question: What kind of person will you have to become to realize that goal? That is what ultimately separates God-honoring dreams from superficial ones. Because what we become is far more important to God and significant than what we have."

Indeed. God is significantly concerned about what I become. Beth Moore said last night at Bible Study that God has two purposes concering His children, 1) redemption and 2) perfection (the process of molding us into the image of His Son). He's always changing us, and change is hard.

I like Matt's questions. There are definitely things I want in my life, changes I want to make, but what am I willing to do differently to reach that goal? I don't know. My questions always seem to be, "Do I really have to go through this? Do I really need to, God?"

And, of course, the answer is "yes." Otherwise, He wouldn't allow me to go through it. I don't like wilderness times in my life, but I know He has a purpose for allowing me to stay in them. My hope is that I will learn to recognize His leading and look to Him to make the changes in my life. And may I not expect them to be easy.

No comments:



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved