Monday, August 16, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse Fourteen and Fifteen

Here are my verses for August:

"...train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present and the life to come." -1 Timothy 4:7b-8

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom." -Colossians 3:16

Our pastor has given us a Scripture for our whole church to memorize, so I'm working on that one, too (he said he'll be calling on people in church to stand up and recite it, so I don't want to be caught not knowing it!).

"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." -Joshua 1:8

My Scriptures this month, including the one for our whole church, definitely have a theme--knowing and meditating on the Word of God. Next Thursday I will be leading a group of women in a weekly study of God's Word, and I am so excited! I've been preparing for that class and praying for the women God will lead there.

I hope some of you are still with me on this Scripture memory journey...I haven't heard from you guys in a while! If you've fallen behind, just start anew. We must have the Word of God in our hearts if we are to stand against the enemy's schemes (see 1 Peter 5: 8-9).

1 comment:

LisaN said...

Jenn, I haven't added any new ones but am reflecting on those I have previously chosen and still reading and meditating on scripture. Today I read Philippians 2 and thought about how we are called to imitate Christ's humility and to shine like stars as we hold out the word of life. That last one says that we shine like stars when we do everything without complaining or arguing. Yikes. Definitely good food for thought!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved