Tuesday, May 23, 2006

One Surrendered Day at a Time




"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Jesus, Luke 9:23

Jesus calls us to surrender our lives to Him daily. I'm just beginning to figure out that it takes a daily commitment...committing my life over and over to Him...for it to work. When I don't, this life takes over and my mind and heart become flooded with other things. I am amazed at how I can let the things of this life, the things God has given me to do and to enjoy, take control. That's not how He designed it. That's not how it works. So many times I feel like Peter...one minute I'm focused on the things of God and the next minute I'm trying to fit my thinking and my will into His divine plan. It just doesn't work.

"Life life one surrendered day at a time. Eyes to the East. Hands to the cross. Feet to the path." ~Beth Moore

No comments:



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved