Tuesday, May 22, 2007

22-Week Check-up and Ultrasound

I had my check-up and ultrasound today. Good news...I gained 2 pounds! The doctor said this is the first time she's seen me that I haven't had major ketones on my urine test, a sign of hyperemesis. She thinks we've turned the corner. Thank the Lord!

The ultrasound confirmed we are definitely having a boy! He looks great and was really playing around for us. In the picture below, you can see him punching his mommy. ;-) (He's lying on his back, his head is on the right side, and his arm is extended.)


This is a picture of his whole body; again, his head is to the right and he's lying on his back:


And here's a picture of his face. These pictures always freak me out a little because you just see the skeleton of the face, but here it is anyway. :-) That's an arm or shoulder right below his face. (Turn your head to the side to see it!)


Well, we're getting on a plane tomorrow morning. Lots to do before then! Caleb is excited to see his Mimi, Grandad, and Uncle Josh (and so are we!). I'll be back here in about a week.

11 comments:

LisaN said...

So exciting! Thank you for sharing these pictures. I am thrilled for you, and I know this son will be an incredible blessing for you and Justin and a wonderful brother to Caleb.

I love you so much, my friend, and I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Congratulations!! Your baby is just beautiful (skeletal face and all). =) I can't wait to "meet" him in just 18 short weeks. Yeah!

Hol said...

Thank you for sharing the ultrasound pictures.

This little guy is going to be very blessed with great parents and a sweet big brother.

Lori said...

I have had such a rough week (already) and clicking over here to see this precious pictures just melted me. Oh friend be blessed. Praise God!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Hope you have a great visit with your husbands family. So happy you are feeling better and gaining weight! Let me know when you are coming to visit your sister so we can get together!

mamashine said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're doing a little better and that your precious boy is okay too. :)

Have fun on your trip!

jettybetty said...

I soooo hope you've turned the corner!!! And so thankful he's healthy!
Have a wonderful trip!

April said...

Congrats. I am so glad you are going to be feeling better. Pregnancy is hard as it is but being sick for that long, I cannot imagine. You are very brave and strong! Aren't ultrasounds always so much fun? Good luck with your trip.

Shalee said...

Yay to the 2 pounds!!! And I love seeing ultrasounds. They remind me that God has such a better view than we could ever hope to have and He's forming that baby as we type.

Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

yipee...2 pounds!! Sounds like you're on your way...fianlly...and a boy...Caleb will love that!

Susannah said...

Awesome... so exciting! You will love your little boy. (And Dad will too!) Thanks for sharing your pics. :~)



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved