Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not off the charts, but close

Levi, at 4 months old, weighs 17 1/2 pounds. That's what Caleb weighed at 9 months, which is probably why Levi is now wearing 9 month clothes. My mom bought Levi some warm clothes this weekend because Caleb's hand-me-downs in size 9 months are all sleeveless, since it was July in Texas when he was wearing them. Levi had better slow down or we'll be needing a whole new wardrobe for him, and I have tubs of little boy clothes in the attic!

Anyway, his weight is in the 90th percentile and his height (26") is in the 85th. He's a big boy! Ava Grace goes in for her one-year check-up on Thursday, and I'm anxious to find out if Levi has surpassed her in the weight department. He sure feels like it!

In other news, I had my yearly thyroid check last week (I've been taking thyroid medication for 10 years for under-active thyroid), and my doctor said today that I needed a slightly higher dosage. That might explain some of the exhaustion I've been feeling. I thought it was beyond what I should be feeling, even with the little amount of sleep I'm getting these days. She called me in the medication, and I have to go back in 8 weeks for some more blood work. I hope it helps.

Levi's doctor didn't have a clear answer as to his sleeping problems. He said to try and feed him a bottle of pumped milk at about 10:00-10:30pm and then nurse him to try and "tank him up." He said if he still wakes up in 3 hours, then he's got a "clock problem" and needs to have his clock reset, which involves me soothing him and letting him cry himself back to sleep instead of feeding him. It's hard to tell with breastfed babies how much they're actually taking in during a feeding, which is why he wants me to feed him a bottle. I'll be sure and let you know how it goes.

Oh, and I'm with all of you...I completely disagree with the Look-A-Like Meter. I guess it just depends which picture you choose for them to compare because I think Levi looks more like me and Caleb like Justin. But the brown eyes/brown hair, blue eyes/blond hair probably influences my thinking more than who they actually favor.

4 comments:

Shalee said...

The Boy was off the charts from day one. He was long like a monkey! He still is, but at least he's grown into his lanky self.

Also, he liked to eat a lot so we slipped a little bit of rice cereal into the bottle when he needed the top off. Maybe you could get him satisfied with it too.

GiBee said...

Okay -- I'm a little late on the band wagon, but Levi looks like you, and Caleb is a cookie cutter of of Justin! No question!

I think the bottle will really help at night!

GiBee said...

I really think there's a message being sent to you about the rice cereal!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I hope the lack of posts is just from being busy and nobody is sick or anything. Hang in there.



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved