Wednesday, January 09, 2008

1000 Gifts, Part 5

Today is one of those hard days that threatens to completely overwhelm me if I don't do something about it. So, I pulled out my notebook and started adding to my list.

128. two brothers who smile at the sight of one another
129. Caleb's sweet toddler prayers
130. those who are able to help me figure out Levi's sleeping and eating problems
131. that every morning is a chance to start over
132. an online Bible study group and women there who, like me, want a revival of their spiritual lives
133. the opportunity to have friends in our home for dinner
134. that my mom read about an awesome prayer journal and went in search of one for me
135. the sweet Christian women at Caleb's school who love him
136. that an old teaching friend is seeking the Lord--Praise God!
137. for the chance to see good friends face-to-face
138. strong coffee with breakfast to wake sleepy eyes and minds
139. good, intelligent TV shows on DVD
140. homemade bread fresh from the oven, baked by a sweet neighbor friend and delivered to my doorstep
141. napping children, resting up for an afternoon of play
142. spontaneous "I love you, Mommy"
143. hugs around my knees
144. sweet smiles from a giggly baby boy
145. friends who invite us for a mommy lunch and playtime
146. the nursing moms room at church--where fellowship and feeding go hand-in-hand
147. for Sunday morning Bible class
148. for random calls from a good friend asking how things are

I feel better already.

Start your own list of gratitude...

5 comments:

Hol said...

Jenn your list is such a great idea. I love quite a few things you mentioned today.

128. two brothers who smile at the sight of one another
131. that every morning is a chance to start over
142. spontaneous "I love you, Mommy"
143. hugs around my knees
144. sweet smiles from a giggly baby boy

So sweet.

I pray Levi will find a regular pattern of sleep. I wish that I knew of something to help... someday I'll probably look to you for mommy/baby advice.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am sorry things are going rough, I remember those days of little sleep. I wish I had all the right things to tell you. All I can do is remind you that they call these the long days and the short years for a reason. I am glad that you have such good family and friends to support you, don't be afraid to ask them for help. True friends count it a privilege to be asked to help! Blessings!

GranolaGirl said...

I'm sorry you and levi are having such a hard time... I don't know what to say to make things better... but these ideas came to mind, even if they are on opposite ends of the parenting spectrum:
have you tried cosleeping? maybe then you'll actually get to stay in your own bed at night...
I had to teach Ruth to go to sleep on her own for my own sanity. Elijah was nursed to sleep, but she's gotta figure it out on her own. Also, she's a tummy sleeper and thumb sucker which really helps.
Good luck and God bless...

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ah, yes, we all have those days and we all need those times to stop and reflect on our blessings.

Sorry you're having such a touch time with Levi. Both of my kiddos were fairly good sleepers, so I don't have any advice. But if our third (someday) has this issue, I'm coming to you for the advice. =)

Thinking of you...

Beth Wright (P31 OBS Team Member) said...

Hi- I found your blog by doing a search for Reading the Bible in 90 Days. Guess what- I'm doing that Study with Pezmom now too! How wild is that!!

Just wanted to say that I love your list! I've been having some rough days lately- went off my anxiety meds and I'm having a tough time adjusting! Love the idea of the list!!!!

Take care and I look forward to reading more on your blog!!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved