Thursday, May 28, 2009

Less Than Five Days

In less than five days now, we'll be on an airplane headed to our new home. If we weren't going 90mph to doctor's appointments and last minute errands I would probably be an emotional mess. Our to-do list is shrinking, finally, but it's still long. We've got to change our address on about 50 things, forward our mail to my parents' house, finish packing the suitcases, probably buy another suitcase, get 3 months of my prescriptions filled, go to one more doctor's appointment this afternoon, have the power of attorney signed and notarized for our house sale (for whenever that happens), get international driver's licences, set up lawn maintenance for the house, go to the bank, finish cleaning the house, clean out the car, and have the oil changed in the van. I'm sure I'm missing some things. Once we get on the airplane, I might just pass out from exhaustion. At least that's my hope at this point! I'm hoping that's what the kids do, too!!

Our neighbor, Shelley, is making us what she calls "our last supper" tonight. Fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes. Yum!

The kids are adjusting to our life here in the hotel now. Caleb is always asking when we're going back to the hotel. It's our new normal. Next week we'll have a whole new normal, and I'm sure the kids will adjust to that as quickly as they have this. Poor Levi wakes up from his nap in a different place just about every day because we're visiting friends and family during the day.

My mom is coming into town today to help my sister with Ava. Kimberly's on bedrest at home and Ava has been pretty sick this week. I wish I could have been more help to Kimberly during this time and in the weeks to come. She needs a lot of help at this point because she's not getting the rest she needs and is basically in labor all the time. She's still having contractions, but, thankfully, it doesn't look like Audrey will be coming really soon. She's still expected to deliver early, but hopefully not in the next few weeks.

We're off to the doctor in a couple of hours to get my thyroid medication refilled. So much to do...

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh girl! You are busy! Even though I have known your leaving is coming, it has somehow snuck up on me. Only 5 days!? That's crazy! Let me know if you need anything in the new few days!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

If I have it right... I think you leave tomorrow...we are excited... and praying for you.

Jenn said...

Just saw your post on the LPM blog that you were moving to singapore. I did that move 2 years ago to leave and come serve God in nepal.. so I know how emotional the goodbye can be.. yet the complete excitement at the saem time. so I want you to know that I am praying for you from nepal.
Blessings
Jenn Hand
reachsouthasia.blogspot.com



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved