Monday, July 05, 2010

We're "Home"

We're back in Singapore and seriously suffering from jet lag. Caleb slept 50 minutes longer this morning than yesterday, so he was up at 4:20. He was apparently starving because he ate 15 mini pancakes once one of us got out of bed to feed him (not me). Their eating schedules are way off and neither of them ate much at lunch or dinner yesterday. Apparently breakfast is making up for that.

Caleb asked me at 6:45 this morning, "Can we homeschool now?" "RIGHT now?" I said. They are craving structure after being out of a routine for 5 weeks, but I'm exhausted and cannot even think straight. I need some coffee. I did what any good mother would do and told them to watch "Tom & Jerry" and then we'd homeschool when that was over at 7:30am. It's going to be another long day today.

We had a great time visiting our families and friends in the US. It was really hard to come back to Singapore, but we were thankful to get back to our own beds and a routine.

Here are some random pictures from our trip. I'll try to blog about each part later, when my brain is fully functioning. I took hundreds of pictures, so these are just a very small sampling.

Levi with his cousin, Audrey. We met her for the first time on May 29, and Levi loves her!
Us with our friends and mentors in Houston, Bob and Alicia. We love them and miss them terribly!

Our family at Uncle Scott's wedding in New Mexico. Not the best photo, but at least you know we were all there. The theme for the reception was Mardi Gras, hence all the beads the boys are wearing.
Boys with their cousins, Ava and Audrey. I'm pretty sure Audrey is sending a message to us. ;-)
The boys at the airport in Singapore for our 2:25am flight to Texas. A little sleepy.

It's time for Grace Academy Homeschool to open for the day, so I'd better get prepared. I've got two boys who are, amazingly, not as exhausted as their mother and ready to learn!

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Glad you are back and I love the wedding photo... nice... and the sleepy boys at the bottom... so cute... can't wait to see you...

Amaris in Wonderland said...

I love that picture at the wedding! I hope that you are infused with strength quickly! :) By the way, how was your ankle on the trip?

I know what you mean about it being hard to come back "Home"... That's actually *exactly* what i wrote about today!

I hope you don't mind my asking, but are you guys planning to live there for the next few years, or are you looking more at a decade or so?

I'm in it for the long haul, myself... for which i may always have mixed feelings. :(*

Glad to see you back in the "blogosphere". :)

Kimberly said...

I love the picture of Audrey giving you the "loser" sign. And yes, the picture of Ava sleeping in the car is so appropriate. Ava keeps asking when Caleb and Levi are coming to her house again. She doesn't understand that it will be a LONG time!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved