Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In Memory of Malachi

from his parents:
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that day--and not only me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
2 Timothy 4:7-8

Malachi Thomas Schaefer did just that. He fought the good fight, he finished the race, and he kept the faith. Now on the 19th day of June, 2007 he quietly passed on to receive his crown of righteousness. We thank you all for your prayers as Malachi fought his battle against AML. Please keep praying for our family as we endure his loss."

This blog will remain silent as we mourn with our friends the loss of their precious baby. Please continue to pray for Malachi's parents, Ben and Kerri, and his sister, Emily.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear about this! My prayers are with them.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I had already heard this sad news this morning as I get updates from Carepages. My heart breaks for his family and for you as their friend. You are all in my thoughts and prayers and my tears flow for all of you. I am thankful that Malachi is free from all the pain and safe in the arms of Jesus, maybe he is playing with my little Samantha Rose in Heaven!

jettybetty said...

I've been keeping up with this family through their Carepage, too--I could tell yesterday he was very sick--but I suppose I just expected God to heal him. I will be praying for his family and you as have opportunity to comfort and support them.

Hol said...

Thank you for letting me know about Malachi and his family (and their CarePage). My heart is aching for them, but I am thankful for their faith, and that Malachi is no longer in pain.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I am SO, SO sorry to hear about their loss. Yes, it is always beautiful to know that another child went to be with God but SO hard to hear about a parent's loss. I will keep them in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

No words...jsut thanks for being an amazing friend!

Kerri
www.carepages.com
visit: BuddhaBelly

Anonymous said...

Just shocking.... and right after he finished his last chemo round. I can't really find any words, so just know that I'll be praying for Malachi's family.

GiBee said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this news ... Prayers are going up for this family!

Anonymous said...

{HUGS}~~praying for all of you....



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved