Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Child Has a Mind of His Own

Apparently Levi cannot make up his mind whether or not he wants to come out yet. We went back to the hospital today. I was having contractions at home 8-10 minutes apart for a couple of hours. Of course, once we got to the hospital, they became almost non-existent and erratic and they weren't doing a thing toward dilation. So, we're home again. Since this child is determined not to be anything like his brother, this is all a new experience for me. I didn't even have very many Braxton-Hicks contractions with Caleb, so this one is giving me a run for my money! How many times can you go to the hospital before you get to take home a baby??? :-)

I won't be going back until my contractions are 5 minutes apart and I can barely breathe. Then I'll know it's for real!

My doctor said to come home and take it easy for the rest of the day. Yeah, right. My parents left after we got home, and then Caleb refused to take a nap. I tried fruitlessly for 1 hour and 45 minutes to get the child to lay down and sleep, to no avail. So, "take it easy" isn't really applicable for people who have toddlers at home.

10 comments:

jettybetty said...

Bless your heart--that doesn't sound like a very fun day. It really does sounds like Levi could be making an appearance pretty soon? Praying for you...

Hol said...

So sorry you had a rough day again. Hang on little Levi. We want to meet you too, but don't rush things too much.

Anonymous said...

So I guess you're not having the baby yet. This just showed up in my feedreader. The delay had me thinking you were in the hospital. Hope Levi holds out for a couple of weeks.

victoria said...

hang in there jenn--he will be here before you know it!!

John and Christy said...

Sorry you're having to go to the hospital so much - not a fun place to be spending so much time at. Good thing you're documenting all this so when little Levi is a teenager & giving you a hard time, you can pull out this story. :) Here's hoping he settles down til he's ready to make his grand entrance for real.

With His Grace said...

Jen, you poor thing! I am praying for all of you right now. Babies can ben quite frustrating sometimes as they have a mind of their own even before birth!

Lori said...

You will find each child is so different, just when you think "ok I know this works" the other child will blow it out of the water...guess what..it starts at delivery, heheh.

I am getting excited for your girl.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Hang in there, this will all be over soon. I hope Levi either settles down and stops this contraction business or makes his appearance soon, I know this is terribly frustrating and tiring for you. I guess Caleb's schedule is all messed up with all the excitement. On the positive side, at least Levi "listened" to you and waited until Daddy got home! Blessings sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Jenn-
We are so looking forward to meeting Levi! What fun he will be! Another that is all BOY! Let us know if we can helP!

Kerri
www.carepages.com
visit: buddhabelly

Shalee said...

Oh I recall how differently my two kids were from each other. My water broke with the girl and I went in right away and had an epidural and later had a c-section. With the boy, although I had a scheduled c-section, he came 3 weeks early and I actually felt CONTRACTIONS. Oh my lands. I asked for an epidural the moment we hit the hospital, which was on the list since I had to have c-section anyway.

Just hang in there and I recommend the playing of many dvds for Caleb without any guilt!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved