Monday, September 03, 2007

I think I jinxed myself...

So, when I said that I'd probably not go into labor on my own, I apparently was wrong. I felt really bad all day Saturday and woke up Sunday with back and abdominal pain, so I went to the hospital. I was having contractions and am dilated to 2cm. They gave me some medicine to stop the contractions since I'm only 36 weeks. I stayed there ALL DAY on the very uncomfortable labor and delivery bed waiting to see if the medicine was going to stop the contractions. It did, and they sent me home about 9pm last night.

Justin and I were taken by surprise that I was already having contractions. Apparently the baby listened when I said, "anytime after your Daddy gets home, feel free to come out!" :-) Ideally the baby won't come until I'm at least 37 weeks (this Wednesday) so he'll have more time to mature, especially since boys have a little harder time being born early (lung maturity and all). We still haven't fully decided on a middle name, which we spent some time at the hospital talking about yesterday. And today we've been getting the infant car seat out of the attic and packing everyone's bags. This baby is making his own way!

I'm not feeling well again today. My back is hurting really bad, but I don't think I'm having contractions. Since I was induced with Caleb, I never experienced early labor pains, so it's hard for me to distinguish between normal "uncomfortableness" and true labor pains. Because I'm a c-section patient, they don't want me laboring for very long. If I do start having contractions again, they'll go ahead and do the c-section.

I think I'm going to call them later today if I'm not feeling better and at least let them check again. I thought I was ready for him to be born, but now I have to mentally prepare! ;-)

Pray for Levi to be mature enough physically to come out whenever he's ready.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jenn, I'll be praying he hangs in there a little longer! I went into labor with our 3rd (of three c-sections) and it was kinda fun getting to go to the hospital in the middle of the night for once.

jettybetty said...

Praying for you...I suppose Levi thought you were serious about his arrival. It would be nice if he could wait a few more days!

I nominated you for an award on my blog!

Jana said...

Praying for ya, girl! Same thing happened to me, for the second time, Sunday night! Maybe there is a conspiracy with these boys!;)
Take care!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh Jenn! How exciting! I know it feels like you're not emotionally ready or prepared, you'll be surprised at HOW ready you are when the time comes. I'll be saying a prayer that Levi will wait just a tad longer. =) Hang in there!

Heather said...

Hope everything is going well and that Levi makes his arrival a safe one!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

So how are you today? Hope all is well. Will be thinking of and praying for you and Levi.

John and Christy said...

Hope you are ok today and that Levi decided to be a little more patient. Thinking & praying for you.

Hol said...

Love and lots of prayers going up for you all.

Anonymous said...

You do know what we're thinking now that you haven't posted today. How are you doing? Praying for ya!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved