Monday, September 24, 2007

We're Home

Well, we're home now and trying to figure out what kind of schedule this little one is going to have. We got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon and last night was quite a night. Levi thought he needed to eat every 30 minutes to an hour until about 3:45 this morning, when he finally slept for almost 4 hours. He is a much better nurser than Caleb was (which is probably due to the fact that his mother has some clue what she's doing!), and he really likes to nurse! I wanted a cuddly baby this time because Caleb didn't care much about being held or rocked to sleep. Levi is quite the opposite and has pretty much only slept today when I'm holding him. Thankfully Justin is home this week! Caleb is adjusting pretty well so far. He loves Levi and is always trying to share his toys with him. He gets really excited when Levi opens his eyes. :-)

Here are some pictures of the last few days...

Aunt Kiki and Levi


Mommy and Levi, Day Two

Caleb was so excited for our arrival home

Levi in his coming home outfit

Caleb not understanding the point of a nursing COVER! ;-) He just wanted to say "hi" to Levi. Thankfully all of our visitors were on the other side of the room!

Thanks for all your prayers for us this last week. The second c-section has definitely been better. And thanks for saying I looked good for just having had a baby. I was SO nauseous after he was born, I guess from the anesthesia. When they brought him to me for the first time when I came out of the recovery room, I would hold him for a few minutes and have to quickly pass him to Justin and grab the little "tray" they give you. It wasn't fun or pretty, and it was quite the end to my pregnancy. Pretty par for the course for Levi and I! So, those pictures my sister posted were taken in my nausea medicine-induced state. :-)

Well, I'm off to get some rest before it's time to feed my precious baby again. We're doing well. It's so good to be home!

14 comments:

jettybetty said...

Thankful you got yourself a snuggler! Whatever the method--you still look really good for having just had a baby!
I love the picture with Caleb looking behind the nursing cover--precious! Hope Levi decides to sleep a little earlier tonight!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! I hope Levi gets into a good schedule soon.

Anonymous said...

It does add a little to the experience overall when mommy has a clue what she's doing! That first time is so overwhelming at different places and there's an odd sense of security in feeling like you have some sort of idea as to how this is all supposed to go! :) I'm so glad the nursing is going better and I do hope Levi falls into a nice schedule soon! It's wonderful that Caleb loves him so much and is so excited!

I hope you are recovering well and feeling back to normal again very soon!

Lori said...

What beautiful pictures, they bring tears to my eyes! Congrats girl. Rest up.

GiBee said...

Congratulations!!! Oh, my word, he's adorable!

Melissa said...

So cute! I remember being sick from anesthesia, too. Glad you're feeling better and everyone's adjusting! I know you're glad to have Justin home!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Glad you are home and hope you get some rest. I guess it is fitting that you started and ended this pregnancy with Nausea! Enjoy the snuggling, there will be time for all the other stuff later!

Heather said...

glad you are home and getting some rest! Beautiful boys!

Shalee said...

It's great to be back in your own bed, isn't it? (And remember to take it easy. You don't have to be wonder woman and try to bounce back in a few days. Just enjoy the time with all your boys!)

With His Grace said...

So precious! I hope you are recovreing well, we are praying for all of you!

Praise and Coffee said...

Congrats! What a blessing.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...just beautiful...both of you! :) Slow down, breathe, relax. Schedule, shmedule. It will come. Cuddle that baby up and take time to recuperate!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Welcome home, friend! Here's to hoping for an easy, smooth transition for you, Caleb, Levi, and your schedules. Please continue to keep us updated. Anxiously waiting for new pictures!

Heather Smith said...

Congrats on that new little boy! He's adorable, and it looks like Caleb is a great big brother!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved