Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary to My Parents!

Today my parents have been married for 33 years. They married when they were only 18, just out of high school, and had me and then my sister when they were 20 and 23. I always loved having young parents; it was fun.

My parents took me to church when I was a week old, and we were there 3 times a week most of my growing up. I am so grateful for the faith they established in me at a young age.

I learned the importance of family from my parents. My dad worked out of town a lot when I was growing up, often for months at a time. I remember going to visit him where he was working on several occasions (a lot of those jobs were putting roofs on prisons, so Dad has some great stories!). And whenever my dad had hobbies that took him out of town, we went with him. My mom made sure that whatever we did, it was as a family.

And, just like every marriage on the planet, my parents' is not a perfect one. But when they stood before their family and friends in 1976 as 18-year-old kids and said, "I do," they meant it.

That is a great legacy to have.

I love you, Mom and Dad. More than you know.

2 comments:

debi said...

Hi Jen :)
I pop in here every now and then, but rarely leave a comment....sorry...
anyway, just wanted to say high and tell you that I love seeing your little family grow up.
Congratulations to your parents for their 33 years...what a wonderful testimony...one they can be proud of...and it was worth it...they have beautiful children and grandchildren to prove it!

debi said...

okay so I meant to say "hi" not "high" LOL....wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression :)



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved