Thursday, January 28, 2010

Verse Two!

I found this verse while browsing another blog and really liked it. I want to be wakened morning by morning with ears to listen! It's longer than my last one. (If you'd like to use this Scripture for your memorizing and think it's a little long, just choose the first or second half.)

The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
~Isaiah 50:4 NIV

If you haven't memorized verse one yet, that's okay! Jot down verse two in the comments and write it down in your spiral/notebook/paper/blog...whatever. Just keep working on them. If you haven't joined us and want to, it's definitely not too late! Be sure to keep your Scriptures handy so you can refer to them often. If you're not writing them down on something portable, post them on slips of paper around your house so you can see them often. REMEMBER...let's not get legalistic about how we're doing this because that only sets us up for failure! Consistency is what we're after; it will pay off.

I'm so glad you have joined me in this! I really need the accountability, so it helps to have to post about it every two weeks.

Let's hear your Scriptures!

5 comments:

LisaN said...

Jenn, this is SUCH a blessing, and I cannot thank you enough for doing this. I have not been able to consistently memorize scripture in a long time, but since you started this I have already done two different verses (your first one and one from my Friday ladies' Bible study)! It helps so much to have accountability and to know I am not in this alone. THANK YOU!

Here is my next passage:
"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
-Ephesians 4:1-2

Melanie said...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
--Galatians 5:22-23

Thank you so much!!

Jenn said...

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice, and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.

1 Peter 2:1-2

Stacey said...

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

Stacy said...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Eph. 1:3



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved