Thursday, November 09, 2006

One Thousand Gifts



At Ann's prompting, I've started a list of One Thousand Gifts I already have. One Thousand Gifts that God has granted to me. Ann has encouraged us to look for things we might overlook and realize the blessings we've been given each and every day from the Father.

Here's a snippet of my list so far...

1. God's grace
2. Loving parents
3. A godly husband
4. A roof over my head
5. Wet kisses from one sweet little boy
6. Warm blankets
7. Cool breezes
8. Friends
9. Someone to share my struggles with
10. My sister
11. quilts made by my great grandmother
12. prayer
13. technology to communicate with loved ones who live far away
14. the smile of a child
15. hot apple cider
16. old hymns
17. experiences in other countries
18. comfort food
19. fond memories of grandparents who've passed
20. laughing until my sides hurt
21. Caleb "rocking" himself to sleep
22. baby talk
23. Caleb running to see me
24. sunrises
25. sunsets
26. new starts
27. the sound of the ocean
28. freshly vacuumed carpet
29. Caleb's "tired" laugh
30. playing peek-a-boo...
To be continued...

Won't you start a list, too, and share it with us?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool idea...wow, 1000, huh?
Have fun ruminating over your many blessings!

Susanne said...

Awesome! Looking at all the good things in our lives changes our whole perspective!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this list!! Hmmm... perfect for the season too, dontcha think?!? Thanks for sharing!!

jettybetty said...

I saw this over at Ann's place too, and love the idea! I wonder if I should do it, too? I know God is honored by your list--I am blessed by it.

Carol said...

Can I even count to a thousand!?!? Your list is very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I love doing this and reading others' lists. It makes me realize how much I have to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

I've been doing this, too, and it's really soothed my heart. Thanks for sharing your list--loved it!

Blessings,
v.

Anonymous said...

I posted my list here. God bless! :)



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved