Monday, November 27, 2006

To Do List...

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We drove the 2 1/2 hours back from my parent's house last night, and here is a list of things I have to do in the next two days:

1. pack for tropical vacation :-)
2. get Caleb's things ready to stay with my parents for a week
3. somehow convince myself to leave Caleb in the capable hands of my parents
4. go to the bank to make deposit
5. while I'm there, remember to have a form notarized
6. pick up some last minute vacation things at the store
7. make dinner tonight for a couple who had a baby last week
8. psyche myself up for being without Caleb for one week (how will I manage?)
9. straighten the house so it's clean when I come home from vacation
10. get dog food
11. take the car seat out of the car; give to parents
12. get stroller out of the car; give to parents
13. make detailed lists for mom (because she didn't raise two daughters, you know!)
14. hug and kiss Caleb every single second to make up for the time I'll be away
15. enjoy some much-needed alone time with hubby

And, I just want to say how thankful I am to have a friend who wears the same size clothes that I do and has let me borrow practically her whole summer wardrobe for our vacation. Her clothes are much cuter than mine and fit much better than mine. What a blessing!

Another blessing...due to hubby's trips to Singapore last year, he accumulated enough frequent flyer miles to fly us to our tropical destination for FREE. It doesn't get much better than that!

Hopefully I'll have a tan, less stress in my muscles, and a few books read by the time I return.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super, super jealous here!! A tropical vacation?! Sounds divine. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you adjust to life without Caleb, even for a week. I can't wait to see photos!!

Stephanie said...

Have so much fun!!! :)

Heather Smith said...

I hope you have a great trip, girl!

Susanne said...

Sitting here in about -29 degrees farenheit with the wind chill, I'm really envying your tropical vacation! Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with your great hubby...you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic time! Miss your baby but know he is in good hands. It will be good for all of you! My daughter has always been close with my parents even though we have always lived at least 300 miles apart(for the first 2 and 3/4 years we lived 1300 miles apart) because we have left her with them on several occasions for vacation times. Now she loves to go and spend a week with Granny and Pappa every chance she gets!

LisaN said...

I am so glad you get to go, and I hope you have a wonderful time! I know you will. :-) Could you please send some of that warmth and sunshine up here??

Love you, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Anonymous said...

Have a SUPER time! Hubs' business travel has given us some nice free vacations too. It is a nice perk in exchange for the lonely times without him! Can't wait to hear about it when you return. I'll pray for safe travel and that Caleb is comfy and cozy!

Shalee said...

Have the best time, you blessed girl you! And tell us all about the books!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved