Thursday, July 19, 2007

30-Week Check-Up

I took Caleb with me to my doctor's appointment today, so I'm tired. :-) The nurse asked how old he was and then said, "Wow, you have your hands full." Yep, thanks for noticing!

Everything is still looking good. I didn't gain any weight, again, but the doctor isn't concerned because my belly is measuring well (32 cm) and the baby's heart rate is very good (140). She said I'll probably come out of this pregnancy feeling better than I went in--YAY for me! She does expect me to gain weight at the end, though, which I'm fine with since I'm still at -6 pounds for this pregnancy at 30 weeks pregnant.

Oh, and I passed my gestational diabetes testing with flying colors so I don't have to endure the 3-hour test!!!

I guess that's about it. Things are pretty routine now; I'm going every two weeks for the next 6 weeks and then every week. She said we might be able to schedule my surgery at my next visit, so I'm looking forward to getting some things nailed down and schedules synchronized.

*I hesitated to post this, but our little family is really going to need some prayers soon. Justin's going overseas for a month very soon. (I have really good neighbors, two dogs, and an alarm system, so crazy people stay back!) He was gone for most of my first pregnancy, but I didn't have a toddler to take care of back then! Would you say a prayer for us during the month of August? And please pray that this baby does not decide to come early because his daddy just wouldn't make it back in time!*

10 comments:

Lori said...

First of all congrats on passing the gestational test, I failed with my second one (had the gestational diabetes, it was yucky!!)

Secondly I can understand your worries with your husband gone, I will be praying for you.

These 69 days will go fast (I promise) especially with a toddler right now. Girl just enjoy playing with him right now, your life is going to get a lot more busier (in a good way =)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Of COURSE I'll keep you in my prayers! I hate it when the husband goes away; I feel like I have an arm missing. Thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

Praying, of course, as always!

I'm glad to hear everything is so routine and I love this part - where you start going to the doctor more often. It makes the time go by more quickly! :)

victoria said...

holding good thoughts and prayers your way!

LisaN said...

Wow, Jenn, I have missed what's going on with you lately since we've been travelling. It sounds like you have DEFINITELY had your hands full! I am so glad that your pregnancy is progressing and that you aren't sick anymore. And I will pray for you in August. I know we've talked about this before, but could the timing for these work-related trips of Justin's BE any worse? Perhaps this is more proof that not only does God have a sense of humor, but He wants to be the One you trust no matter what. He is with you always!
I love you.

Paulette said...

Wow I havent read in a while so I did not know you were pregnant. congrats to you and I pray you have an awesome pregnacy.
I too have a Caleb and he just turned 16, I love the name Levi as well.

Trish said...

Jenn, I know what it's like to have a hubby who's gone for part of a pregnancy and having to take care of a little one by yourself. Not an easy task. You'll all be in my prayers!

Blessings,
Trish

With His Grace said...

We will be praying for you! My hubby was gone right towards the end of my second pregnancy with the other child....our baby came the day after he came back! It was fabulous timing...just remember God has a plan for everything.

Heather said...

Thought I'd check out your blog when I saw that you won the travel car thingy that Shannon was giving away! Congrats on that by the way.

We will pray for you. I have 2 boys 17 months apart so I know what it's like to be preggers and have a toddler at the same time. We will pray for the little one to come when daddy is home. :)

John and Christy said...

Yay! Sounds like you're doing so much better - I know the early days were very rough. And sorry to hear that Justin will be gone - you're handling it much better than I would.



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved