Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Joo Joo Jesus

We've been saying the same basic prayer with Caleb before he goes to sleep at night for some time now. He even knows the drill...after we change his diaper, brush his teeth, and turn on the fan, it's time for "pairs," as Caleb calls them. In the last few weeks, he's been able to repeat little phrases after us, which is really precious. It goes something like this:

Us: Dear God
Caleb: Dear God
Us: Thank you for mommy
Caleb: joo joo mommy
Us: Thank you for daddy
Caleb: joo joo daddy

joo joo Jesus

...and so on.

We're not sure why he doesn't say "thank you" correctly when he prays since he knows how, but it's pretty cute!

This week he's been able to say his nightly prayer without much prompting from us. Last night he even added a new one to our list all on his own:

"joo joo Levi."

Melt my heart. He's gonna be a great big brother.

In other news, we went to the airport this morning. That was hard. Caleb did fine since he doesn't know how long his Daddy will be gone; he just thinks he's going to work (which he is), but it was especially hard for Justin. He feels so guilty for leaving us, especially at this point in my pregnancy. I'm going to stay with my mom for a week, against the wishes of my doctor (who's really strict about travel during the 3rd trimester). We appreciate your prayers for us.

13 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

ohhh, that is so sweet! Enjoy your time with your Mom!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute (and so smart) of him!!

And of course - praying for all four of you!

Anonymous said...

I just love the way the little ones talk. My two year old was just going on and on about "Missy Mouse"...Micky Mouse. One of her brothers attempted to correct her until I stepped in. I don't want her to say it correctly...at least not yet.

Praying for you over the next month. I can relate to where you're at.

Heather said...

You have our prayers!

Aren't their prayers so cute??

jettybetty said...

I was just about to loose it through the first part of the prayer--but totally lost it on "joo joo Levi!" That is the sweetest!
Still praying for you...

Kimberly said...

His prayers are the sweetest. We are looking forward to seeing y'all at Mom and Dad's this weekend.

Hol said...

Caleb is so sweet. He will be a great big brother.

You're all in our prayers.

LisaN said...

I am praying for you, my friend. I want to talk with you sometime soon, maybe today or tomorrow. Not sure when you're going to your mom's, but I'll do my special "code ring" (ring once, hang up, call back) so you'll know it's me and not a salesperson. Love you!!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

You just answered my question. I was going to ask when Justin was leaving. I'm amping up my prayers for you, dear friend!
Blessings,
Joy

With His Grace said...

Aww how cute! I love it when our children say something that can just melt your heart!

GiBee said...

Awe, Jenn -- Praying for you, hon!!! I know you're going to miss him!!!

Anonymous said...

Lifted your family up in prayer just now and will continue to as the Holy Spirit prompts me.

Shalee said...

Jenn, that is probably the sweetest post I've read lately. Your Caleb is a doll.

I'm saying a prayer for you right now and one for Justin too. God's got you completely covered!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved