Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Breathe, breathe, breathe

Like a good mother of a first child, I have spent a lot of time and energy making sure that Caleb's baby book is up-to-date, complete with pictures, progress sheets from the doctor, and lots of handwritten milestones and anecdotes. Just the other day I recorded his last two teeth that broke through and updated a few other things. I gave myself a little pat on the back for being so on top of things and imagined the day when I would pass that book on to Caleb to look back on when he has his own children, as my mom and Justin's mom did for us.

Caleb walks in the room a few minutes ago saying, "happened, mommy?" holding the "4 Month Check-up" sheet that had been taped into his baby book.

I scurried to the living room where I had left the baby book safely tucked into the coffee table cubby hole to find this:


*sigh*

Thankfully, he didn't rip apart the actual pages of the book or remove any photos. I've learned that if Caleb says, "happened?" he has broken something and can't for the life of him figure out why it now won't work.

After that pat on the back, I should have put that book in a very special place where little toddler hands can't reach. Lesson learned.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

(((Jenn))) Wow. I'm sorry. I've had a few of those incidents.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

oops! Glad the damage was repairable!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh yes... we have days like that too! I, too, am glad that you were able to fix everything!

Kimberly said...

At least he didn't tear the actual pages. You just reminded me that I really need to get to work on Ava's baby book.

Hol said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm glad that the pages and pictures weren't torn.

Lori said...

Uggg.... I know what you mean. With boys I have just stopped having breakable or "special" items out, I put them under lock and key =)))

John and Christy said...

Yikes! I am seriously considering putting furniture in storage when we have kids - a glass faced china cabinet & grandfather clock - so not kid friendly. Sorry you have to redo all that work!



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved