Friday, July 27, 2007

It's Just One of Those Days

...where I feel like everyone has it together but me. I know they don't ('cause I know that's what you're gonna say in the comments), but I have it so "not together" these days that it's pitiful.

The last two days Justin has worked approximately noon-midnight, so I've been asleep when he gets home. Today I saw him for about 30 minutes before he had to go to work, and I'm not sure when he's coming home. Oh, and I did mention that he's leaving in a few short days and will be gone for a month? I did? Well, it's worth repeating.

I'm stressed, I'm sad, I'm overwhelmed, and I'm so very tired. I pretty much stay teary-eyed at the thought of being by myself. I know God will get us through this; I'm just not looking forward to it. AT ALL. After enduring the year-long on and off separation with Justin's last project, this should seem like a piece of cake. But we didn't have a child then. And I wasn't pregnant. Oh, wait...yes I was. *sigh*

But, I am excited that my sister's moving here! And my parents are coming in tonight to watch Caleb while Justin and I attend a wedding tomorrow night and attempt some sort of three-weeks-early-5th-anniversary-celebration since he'll be gone on the actual date. (in 5 years, we've only been in the same STATE/COUNTRY on our anniversary 3 times. Isn't that just sad?) I remember hearing when Faith Hill and Tim McGraw got married that they promised to never spend more than 3 days apart (or something like that). I've decided that's only possible if you have a bajillion dollars and a nanny. Or your husband has a job where he doesn't have to travel. EVER.

I'm not sleeping well. I think it's about 50% due to stress and 50% due to this I CAN'T GET COMFORTABLE pregnancy loveliness.

And then there's Caleb, who one minute is sweet as can be with his big blue eyes looking at me saying, "I love you, mommy," and the next minute is bringing me a bowl full of water-soaked dog food that he's been playing with for who knows how long because I fell asleep on the couch during "Caillou." It's amazing I don't have slight heart attacks every other day with that boy around. :-)

Ok, I'm sorry y'all had to endure this depressing post and my little pity party, but I feel better after getting it out. Thanks for indulging me. Oh, and please, please keep praying for us.

Well, Caleb's napping and my hips hurt too bad to go lie down, so I'd better take a shower. (Those are my options during nap time...rest or shower. Priorities, people. Justin will be glad that today's a shower day.) ;-)

14 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Let's see....you are 7+ months pregnant, stuck at home with an active toddler, hubby works 12 hour days and is about to leave you and previously mentioned toddler alone for a month,......yeah I say you deserve a pity party now and then!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Oh honey you are in a tough situation, I know I have been there....I will pray your though.

I am so happy your sister is moving closer, I am jealous (in a good way) I miss mine dearly and she is clear across the US.

Is there a way to plan a date DAY or at least night with hubby before he leaves?

I use to sleep on the couch all the time when I was preg so it would take off some of the pressure of my back.

Praying for you. =))

LisaN said...

Once again, I have missed so much of what's going on in your life that I feel ashamed reading it on your blog. I am sorry for being such a sorry friend, Jenn! I love you, and I know the Lord will help you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have to go through this difficult time. There are better days ahead, Jenn. I'll be praying for you!

jettybetty said...

I am praying for you. A lot!

victoria said...

thinking of you jenn and a well deserved pity party!! you will get through this!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Saw your blog on Calissa's. Hope you don't mind me posting. Hope you start feeling better soon with the pregnancy. That's gotta be a tough thing when you can't get comfy.

Katie

Anonymous said...

{Hugs} Having your sister move so much closer is awesome! I'll be praying for you and Caleb while Justin is gone...

Do you have a 'body pillow'? Or, 4 extra pillows to use behind your back, under your leg while sleeping? This helped me soooooo much during the last trimesters! (I can't sleep without 4 pillows now, lol!)

Have a great date!!!!!

TheNormalMiddle said...

Bless your heart. If it makes you feel any better, I have days like that too :)

Here's to a better week ahead by the grace of God alone!

gardenkeeper said...

I think we have all had says like that.... so it's ok! :) so happy that you can be with your sister.. I know I am blessed with mine!

Have really enjoyed reading your blog! Blessings to you TODAY!
Lori

With His Grace said...

I do hope you all are able to have some sort of dinner, I understand where that one is concerned. We have never been together for my birthday either...not THAT big of a deal but still....
I fell asleep many times while I was pregnant and I can remember praying "please don't let her burn my house down while I sleep for 5 minutes". God always protects his own.

Heather said...

I'm praying for you. I've had (still have) those days. though I'm no longer preggers. However, when I was ... there was no comfortable. I did have a comfy chair that I would sleep in some nights. I will be praying for you. have a good time at the wedding!

The Johnsons said...

Thanks for posting on my blog! I didn't realize you had one, too. Sounds like you've been having a rough time. Let us know if we can help with dinner or watching Caleb if you just need a break in August.

Your blog makes me smile - especially the "Candid Camera" post - too funny, even though I know it wasn't.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Praying for you. I SO appreciate your honesty...and I can SO relate about the priorities thing....rest or shower...and I'm not even pregnant!
Blessings,
Joy



Reflecting Him


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Karen Lewis

Check It Out:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved